Welcome to my fifth blog!!!🙂
Did you enjoy the stories of princesses when you were young?
Do you remember, Sleeping beauty, Rapunzel, Snow White and the seven dwarfs … etc.
One thing these stories all had in common; the main character was a beautiful young girl.
I wonder what the meaning of beautiful is? According to the internet dictionary, beautiful means pleasing the senses or mind aesthetically. The second meaning of beautiful is a very high standard or excellent.
So, when we relate the word ‘beautiful’ to a person, we definitely mean that one has physical qualities that give one great pleasure to look at. This is for a woman. Obviously, when we talk about a man we say handsome.
Have you ever heard someone say, he or she has a beautiful soul? I will take the word ‘soul’ and replace it with ‘spirit’. Then I will ask you, have you ever heard someone say that he or she has a beautiful spirit?
I can make this even better. I will replace the word ‘spirit’ with ‘attitude’.
Attitude; according to the internet dictionary, it means, a settled way of thinking. Simply, it is a way of feeling or acting towards a person, thing or a situation. Then my question is, have you ever heard of a beautiful attitude?
The Bible talks about ‘Beatitudes’. My translation of this is ‘beautiful attitudes’. These are the attitudes in the Bible that God actually gives a blessing for each one of them.
These are character traits of a person that pleases God or they get God’s attention.
Let’s take a look at each and their blessing.
- God blesses those who depend on Him only as they belong to the kingdom of Heaven. These are those who are poor in spirit.
- God blesses those who grieve as they will find comfort. These are the people who mourn.
- God blesses those who are humble as the earth will belong to them. These are the meek.
- God blesses those who want to obey Him more than they want to eat or drink. They will be given them what they want. Another translation says, they hunger and thirst for righteousness.
- God blesses those who are merciful as they will be treated with mercy.
- God blesses those whose hearts are pure. These are those people who are pure in spirit. Their blessing: they will see God.
- God blesses those people who make peace. These are the peacemakers. Jesus says that they will be called children of God.
- God blesses those who are treated badly for doing right. Another translation is those who are persecuted for righteousness. Jesus said they belong to the kingdom of Heaven.
These are what I call the ‘ Beautiful Attitudes’. According to the Bible, they are the ‘Beatitudes‘. Each one of them has a blessing attached to it. It means God honours these people with these character traits so much that he decides to bless them.
Which one is your beautiful attitude ‘Beatitude’? Keep it and God will bless you for it.